12-Hour Skiing & Riding
There is a saying that the sun never sets in the land of cool and it's certainly true at Sunday River. Thanks to 12-Hour Skiing and Riding, you can keep playing well into the evening and get even more out of your days on the mountain.
With 12-Hour Skiing and Riding on weekends and most holidays, there’s no need to rush to the slopes at sunrise and it doesn’t matter if you have to work on a powder day. You don't have to wake the kids first thing in the morning to get a full day on the slopes because, with 12-Hour Skiing and Riding, you have the flexibility to ski and ride during the morning, afternoon, and evening, or all three. As the sun sets, there’s no race for the last chair because at the end of the day - there's still plenty of night. And, when the snow keeps falling during a big storm, you can keep enjoying it.
12-Hour Skiing and Riding is serviced by the Chondola and the South Ridge Express from the South Ridge base area. Trails are groomed individually between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m., allowing access to the majority of the terrain during this period and all terrain once grooming is complete.
Fridays, Saturdays, and select Holidays from December 15, 2012 through March 23, 2013.
- 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Fridays
- 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Saturdays
- 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Holidays, as follows:
- Dec 21-31, 2012 (Friday, Dec 21, lifts open at 9 a.m.)
- Jan 18-20, 2013 (Friday, Jan 18, lifts open at 9 a.m.)
- Feb 15-23, 2013 (Friday, Feb 15, lifts open at 9 a.m.)
- Feb 27, 2013 (Wednesday, Feb 27, lifts open at 9 a.m.)
You have a few lift ticket options for 12-Hour Skiing and Riding. Any daytime lift ticket is automatically valid until 8 p.m. on night-skiing days; 12-8 p.m. tickets are available; and 4-8 p.m. tickets are available. You'll find all the details on our lift tickets page. All season passholders have 12-Hour Skiing and Riding access on days their passes are valid.
All lodging guests that purchased Ski & Stay Packages at Sunday River will be automatically upgraded to 12-hour tickets for free this winter, and on the day of arrival guests can purchase 4-8 p.m. tickets at check-in for just $5.
Food & Entertainment
- Foggy Goggle: Open for dinner until 9 p.m. then drinks only until close
- South Ridge Food Court: Open until 8:30 p.m.
- Lift Tickets Available in the Welcome Center 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Sunday River Sports Open until 8:30 p.m.
- Rental Equipment Available through Sunday River Sports, open until 8:30 p.m.