Ziplines Tours« All Activities
Fly through the woods
Sunday River offers two zipline adventures: Zipline Tours take small groups on a tour through the woods between ski trails on a six-zipline course, and our Twin Zips offer side-by-side zipline action right at the base of the slopes.
The Zipline Tour features a series of six lines ranging from 100 to 300 feet in length to take you flying through the woods and over a ravine and stream bed at speeds of up to 25 miles per hour, followed by 750-foot Twin Zips. The wooded course, accessed via the South Ridge Express, is hidden between South Ridge and Spruce Peak. For a final run, you'll walk over to the Twin Zips to finish your tour right over the Sundance Trail just outside the South Ridge Lodge. It's an all-thrills, no-skills activity for all ages! (Twin Zips are also available without taking the full tour.)
Dual side-by-side Twin Zips
Our Twin Zips give you the rush of flying through the air on one long zipline. Plus, with two zips side-by-side you can fly with or race against your friends! The Twin Zips are the perfect introduction to the zipline experience and are a great option for those who don't have the time to take our full Zipline Tour.
Safety is our top priority. Our guides fit you with state-of-the-art equipment and safety information is reviewed prior to each zipline tour. Zipline guides have trained extensively in the proper techniques and procedures of safety. Each piece of equipment and lines are inspected daily. Our guides will ensure your safety while you have fun! Each guest can fly relaxed, knowing that they are connected with two attachment points on each zipline. Our ziplines are designed to use a gravity braking system complemented by an arrester system and our guides. This means it's hands free and worry free for your enjoyment!
- Proper winter boots with good tread and cold weather gear are required for riders. No ski boots.
- Dress for being outside for two hours in winter conditions.
- We recommend long hair be put in a ponytail.
- Please do not bring backpacks.
- Open to all ages.
- Minimum height is 3 feet.
- Minimum weight for riders is 70 lbs and maximum is 270 lbs.
- All riders are required to wear a helmet, which is provided. Personal ski and climbing helmets may be worn. However, bike helmets are not permitted and we reserve the right to refuse any helmet.
- Light hiking on snow is required of riders when commuting from line to line in the series and walking from the end of the woods course to the shuttle.
- Liability waiver must be signed by all riders and parent/guardian signature is required for those under the age of 18.
- Any participant that is pregnant, has heart troubles or any serious medical conditions, should consider that this type of adventure may not be the best choice for them. We recommend a consultation with your medical provider before participating.
Reservations are not required but are highly recommended. Walk-ins are welcome if we have available space, but reservations are the only way to guarantee your space. A credit card is required to confirm booking. For reservations call 800-543-2754. Walk-ins can go to the Welcome Center in South Ridge Lodge. A parental signature is required on releases for all minors.
Our Zipline Tours and Twin Zips are perfect for team building, camp trips and a wide variety of other groups, and we can accomodate any size group from a small youth trip to bus tours. For more information on group trips and pricing please visit our Group Trips page, and feel free to contact us to to discuss creating your own custom trip.
Our ziplines will operate in almost every weather condition and our weather can change quickly. Please check the local forecast and dress appropriately. We will not cancel due to rain or snow. However, we may suspend a tour due to thunder, lightning, high winds or other unsafe conditions at our discretion.
We have a 24-hour cancellation policy. Full charge will be made for no-shows or if canceled within 24 hours of your ride time. Late arrivals will not be refunded or issued vouchers and will not be able to join the group. The Zipline Tours will leave at the scheduled time as a consideration to the other guests.