Chef Summit« All Events
Bringing the top chefs in New England to the mountains.January 28, 2017
Calling all foodies! Presented by Sunday River and O'Maine Studios, the second annual Chef Summit invites the top chefs and mixologists in New England to the slopes of Western Maine for a culinary event like no other. Join us for a blueberry pancake cookoff before you hit the hill, and round out your day on snow with a divine tasting event at the Jordan Hotel. And to sleep off that food coma, you'll want to stay the night.
Prior to the Chef Summit events on January 28, industry professionals are invited to a series of industry talks on Thursday, January 26, including panels and presentations from the brightest minds in both the culinary and entrepreneurial industries.
National Blueberry Pancake Day Breakfast - Purchase Tickets
Foggy Goggle, 8-10AM
A nod to Maine's favorite berry, this all new Chef Summit event tasks eight chef teams with making the best wild blueberry pancakes around, complemented with Sunday River's own maple syrup. The competition will be judged by a panel of esteemed chefs and media. Tickets for the event are $15 and are on sale now.
Participating chefs include:
- Chef Emily Taylor from Birch Benders Micro-Pancakery, making wild blueberry ricotta pancakes with an orange curd.
- Chef Wendy Benny, Executive Chef for Sodexo, cooking up sweet potato & Wyman's wild blueberry pancakes, made with bourbon brown Oakhurst butter, espresso-sugar dusted lamb-bacon cracklins, and Sunday River's famous maple syrup.
- Chef Dan Dumont, Certified Master Chef from the Migis Hotel Group/ Black Point Inn, making organic Maine potato pancakes with smoked sea trout caviar, and whipped Oakhurst maple crème fresh, with pickled wild Maine blueberries.
- Executive Chef Jennifer Watchorn from CAMP at Sunday River, creating lemon soufflé pancakes with Maine blueberry jam mascarpone butter, and Maine Family Farm cinnamon maple bacon.
Tasting Event - Purchase Tickets
Grand Ave, 6-9PM
The second annual Chef Summit Tasting Event will bring together award-winning chefs from top restaurants here in Maine and across New England for a night of celebration in the mountains with samplings from ten chef's favorite creations. Complementing the food will be creative cocktails from top mixologists and one wine pairing. Tasting event tickets are $79 and are on sale now.
Participating chefs include:
- Chef Mike Wiley from Big Tree Hospitality, preparing Eventide Oyster Co. brown butter lobster rolls.
- Chef Andrew Taylor from Big Tree Hospitality, creating a Honey Paw smoked lamb khao soi with their winning recipe from the 2017 Lamb Jam.
- Chefs Kyle Robinson & Yazmin Saraya Jean from 555 Restaurant, cooking up pate with a wild blueberry compote.
- Chef Troy Mains from the Harraseeket Inn, making squab with a wild blueberry maple bourbon Sauce.
- Chef Matt Ginn and Doug Papows will be surprising all of us at the Chef Summit with their creations.
To view recipe videos from participating Tasting Event chefs, visit the First Chair blog.