New England Forest Rally« All Events July 17, 2015 - July 18, 2015
Headquartered at Sunday River Resort, the New England Forest Rally is an annual two-day stage rally that takes place on the back roads and logging tracks of Western Maine and Northern New Hampshire. Sanctioned by Rally America, NEFR is one of six National Championship rallies that take place in the United States and celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2015. The two-day national competition features some of the world's best drivers including the return of former Rally America and X Games champion Travis Pastrana, action sports athlete Ken Block, and 5 time Rally America champion David Higgins. Many local and regional enthusiasts compete right alongside the top national competitors.
Want to get in on the action? Spectators have an awesome chance to get an up-close view of the incredible skill of these drivers as they twist, slide, turn, and jump their cars at speeds up to 100mph. New for 2015 you can purchase your bus pass online in advance for transportation provided by Sunday River to and from the spectating areas along the rally course. A limited number of walk up passes will be available for purchase the day of the event, so keep the following in mind:
- Passes are $10 per person for Friday, and $15 per person for Saturday
- Buses will depart at 10AM on Friday and 8AM on Saturday, and will return to Sunday River at approximately 3:30PM on Friday and 4PM on Saturday.
- You can pick up your wrist band at the Sunday River tent in the Rally Village at the South Ridge Base Lodge
- Be prepared for a day in the woods with a camp chair, water, food, bug spray, and sunblock. No food or restrooms will be available at these stops.
- For a more luxurious day, passes are available for a VIP Spectator bus. The VIP Bus includes a luxury motorcoach, catered lunch, and beverages. Passes start at $130 per person, per day.
Each morning Sunday River will also host a "Parc Expose." All of the teams will parade their cars into an open area where fans can gather, mingle with the competitors, get autographs, and see the cars up close. Start times are 9AM Friday and 7AM Saturday. Music, food, and fun are also part of the rally, with a Rally Village featuring vendors, exhibitors and food throughout the two days, and an awards party with barbecue starting at 6:30PM Saturday night. For complete details and information, please visit the official New England Forest Rally website.