Fall at Sunday River
Your guide to autumn in the mountains.
What makes Sunday River a prime destination for fall getaways is simple: we're surrounded by some of the best foliage New England has to offer and boast ample ways to take in the views.
How can I take my leaf peeping skills to the next level?
Yankee Magazine recently listed our scenic Chondola chairlift rides as a perfect way to view miles of unbeatable foliage and mountain views, while noting our other mountain activities including mountain biking, ziplines, and disc golf. Whichever way you choose to actively or leisurely take in our spectacular vantage points, Sunday River is the perfect base camp to explore from.
Other ways to scope some colors in the area:
- Hiking in nearby Grafton Notch State Park and Evans Notch
- Kayaking, canoeing or SUPing the Androscoggin River
- Strolling through Bethel Village shops and restaurants, and down the Mahoosuc Pathway
- Scenic Drives in Grafton Notch State Park or White Mountain National Forest
- Explore local Swimming Holes and waterfalls
- Golfing at the award-winning Sunday River Golf Club
- Visiting Best of Bethel Winners
- Horseback Riding
- ATV Rentals
- Fishing on the Wild and Androscoggin Rivers
What about special events?
From the new Maine Brew Fest on Sept. 8 to Bethel's Harvestfest & Chowder Cookoff on Sept. 16, our fall events are as good as the foliage itself. Add to these the North American Wife Carrying Championship and New England Cornhole Championship during our annual Fall Festival Weekend over October 7 and 8 you have even more reasons to plan a trip.
Where can I stay?
The Grand Summit Hotel is located just minutes from the Sunday River Mountain Park activities, while the Jordan Hotel is set high in the mountains with spectacular views and easy access to the Sunday River Country Club. Check fall specials and book online.