The Junior Professional Program & Gould Academy Competition Programs
Junior Professional Program
The Junior Professional Program (ages 13-16) is designed for advanced skiers and riders who want to improve on their ski and snowboard skills, interact with other teens, and learn the skills and techniques of coaching others. Members of the program will learn the skills needed to apply for a position within our Perfect Turn coaching staff when they reach the age of 16, and will have opportunities to work with other coaches within our Kids Programs in a hands-on manner. The program is lead by a Perfect Turn coach who knows the sport, coaching, and how to have fun. The program runs from the Children's Center at South Ridge from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays and holiday weeks and 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Sundays. Program runs from Mid-December until the end of March. A detailed schedule will be provided prior to the start of the season.
|2014-15 Seasonal Program Pricing||Through 10/14/14||After 10/14/14|
|Junior Professional Lunch Program||$225||$225|
Gould Academy Competition Programs
The Gould Academy Competition Programs are a competitive kids seasonal program. It is designed for advanced skiers and riders with a desire to learn and compete in a choice of three disciplines: alpine, freestyle, and snowboarding. GACP strives to teach young athletes ages 7 to 18 the skills to improve and the motivation to fuel their desire to become the best. This program is designed for skiers and riders who have the ability to ski/ride the mountain and the desire to compete and learn from some of the best coaches in the country. GACP provides small coach-to-athlete ratios in all three disciplines: Alpine, Freestyle, and Snowboarding.
- Alpine skiing (slalom, giant slalom, super-G and downhill)
- Freestyle skiing (moguls and freeride)
- Snowboarding (halfpipe, slopestyle, slalom, giant slalom and boardercross)
The program runs each weekend and holiday period, beginning mid November and continuing through the last weekend in March. Generally, the training days consists of two sessions. The typical training day begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 2:00 p.m. A full break is provided between each session for plenty of time to warm up, eat, and spend time with family and friends.
GACP Program Philosophy
To be a spirited program that promotes a love for skiing/riding and competition. To create an environment that encourages kids to be motivated and improve the level of their skiing. The design of the program is intended to prepare athletes to compete at the highest levels in every age group. The program will strive to strike a balance of technical skills, free skiing/riding, and gate training. Athletes will learn how to conduct themselves with respect for others at Sunday River and while visiting away mountains.
|Through 10/14/14||After 10/14/14|
*Program pricing does not include cost of season pass or lift ticket. All participants must have a lift pass.
How to register and purchase your GACP program
- Online - Purchase online through our secure storefront 24 hours a day. In addition, a completed registration/ROL must be on file prior to the first taining day.
- Phone - Call 800-430-0772 any day 9am-5pm to place an order or ask questions. In addition, a completed registration/ROL must be on file prior to the first taining day.
- Mail - Send an registration/ROL, and payment to Sunday River, Season Pass Office, P.O. Box 4500, Newry, ME 04261. Orders must be postmarked by applicable deadline. Checks payable to Sunday River.
- Fax / Email - Email a completed and scanned registration/ROL with payment information to email@example.com or fax to 207-824-5074.
- At Sunday River - Visit the Welcome Center in South Ridge Lodge midweek between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m..
Sunday River Ski Club
Are you a parent of a GACP athlete? Join the Sunday River Ski Club to help support the next generation of on-snow athletes and receive great member benefits. Learn more by visiting the Sunday River Ski Club.